“The Big Biz Show” Interview With Massive Bio, Inc. CEO Selin Kurnaz Now Available for Online Streaming
NEW YORK, NY, Sep 21, 2015 – The Big Biz Show, an Emmy award-winning radio and TV show, recently interviewed Dr Selin Kurnaz Chief Executive Officer and Co-founder of Massive Bio, Inc. Massive Bio is an NYC based start-up that provides personalized advisory services to cancer patients, oncologists, and mid-size practices, by leveraging an expanding team of specialist oncologists and molecular profiling experts.
Archived clip is now available at: youtube.com/watch?v=xj_XA04zbIk
Show: The Big Biz Show
Host: Bob “Sully” Sullivan
- Massive Bio makes cancer treatment personalized, accessible, and affordable for patients around the globe.
- We are headquartered in New York City and serve customers across the United States. Part of our services can be ordered from customers outside the US, and we have translation services for Turkey and China.
- Our target market includes patients treated in mid to small size hospitals; private practices in remote locations. We have no plans to replace the expertise in large cancer centers, rather we capture and automate cancer diagnostics and treatment expertise in collaboration with those centers and deliver them over intuitive web interfaces to oncologists and their patients around the globe.
- Massive Bio has two platforms:
- B2C platform – On-demand products for cancer patients and their primary oncologists; in market since June 2015; we provide testing/treatment recommendations, consultation to primary oncologist, reimbursement support and information on similar patients; prices vary between $250-$1,500; currently aid out-of-pocket but we are working on reimbursability
- B2B platform – Enterprise product for hospitals and insurance companies; we are recruiting a pilot and will be in the market later in 2015
- Massive Bio provides benefits to all stakeholders:
- Patients: More treatment options; scientific support for reimbursement; latest information from clinical trials; similar patients; access to a network of multidisciplinary experts
- Oncologists: Up-to-date information; time and cost reduction to compile and synthesize from large amount of diagnostics reports and treatment options
- Payers / insurance companies: Reduced lines of therapy, better evidence for prior-authorization protocols, improved productivity and lowered risks from standardized and personalized care
- Massive Bio’s multidisciplinary team is 30 people from premier large oncology centers and universities, consisting of senior and junior oncologists, molecular diagnostics experts, reimbursement experts, oncology data analysts, customer service specialists, and computer scientists
- Massive Bio’s outlook
- 2015 – Product launch; patient engagement campaign; automation and oncologist incentives
- 2016 – Expansion and deployment of strategic partnerships with hospital chains, payers, academic centers and other vendors; coverage in 5 key international markets
- 2017 – Massive expansion for all products and coverage in large amount of international markets
About the Big Biz Show
The Big Biz Show is a nationally syndicated radio / television program broadcast on 150 stations throughout the country with a weekly reach of 1.7 million listeners reaching over 70 million homes. The Emmy Award winning show was named by TALKERS Magazine as one of the “Top 10 Most Influential Financial Shows” in the country is highly recognized for discussing current business events, internet related issues, and other hot topics in the business world, doing so in an informing, laid back, and humorous manner. Hosts, Bob “Sully” Sullivan and Russ “T Nailz” Stolnack, both are renowned and experienced radio broadcast personalities. The Big Biz Show airs Tuesday through Friday, 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. PT.
About Selin Kurnaz
Dr Selin Kurnaz is the co-founder and CEO of Massive Bio. Selin has a unique and global background, which is comprised of industry, academia and consulting. After completing her PhD. at the University of Michigan and receiving multiple engineering degrees, she spent a decade in revenue enhancement, margin and capital efficiency improvement for over a dozen companies mostly in Pharmaceuticals and Life Sciences. In addition, she has hands-on experience and measurable success in identifying and delivering value to more than a dozen investment firms and most recently she was with EY’s Private Equity Value Creation. Selin wrote various journal papers and presented in numerous conferences in the areas of improving customer responsiveness under disruptive times.
About Massive Bio, Inc.
“Massive Bio makes cancer treatment personalized, accessible, and affordable” Massive Bio (https://massbio.io/) is an advisory company for cancer patients, oncologists and oncology practices, established in Aug 2014, New York City. Massive Bio leverages healthcare informatics and a team of molecular oncologists from major cancer centers, to capture and automate cancer diagnostics and treatment expertise, and delivers them over intuitive web interfaces to cancer patients around the globe. Massive Bio helps to save lives, improves patient outcomes while minimizing costs due to improved productivity, accuracy, and rigorous analytics.
A CommPro Worldwide PR Event
PR & Media Contact:
Matt Bird, CEO
C: +1 (646) 401-4499
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.